Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Goodmorning from Waiheke!

I took a walk from the conference center to the beach this morning following breakfast. The beach was certainly well worth the 10 minute walk down (although the conference center affords excellent views of the beach, it is rather far away and up on a hill). I made my way across the beach amongst a few people out with their dogs. I came to an area where a collection of rocks extended outward from the shoreline and I carefully made my way out onto the rocks to obtain excellent views of the surroundings and the crashing waves as they made their way inward to the rocks.

I stood there for a while, just absorbing the environment, sounds, and sights that made the whole experience so very real and amazing. I remember similar experiences in Hawaii where the awesome power, strength, and magnificence of nature took over and just overwhelmed me as an observer. It was great to feel so isolated and, yet, so in the middle of everything that was going on at the beach. I will definitely plan to head back tomorrow morning for another walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment