Now, I am at a coffee shop catching up on e-mail and blog posts. I meet Dr. Chen at UNSW at 10am this morning, so I have about another hour and a half before I need to make my way over there. I'm looking forward to the seminar and getting to meet all the folks at UNSW!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Goodmorning from New South Wales!
This morning, I woke up at 5:30am to go see the sunrise over Coogee Beach. Unfortunately, clouds muted what I'm sure would have been a spectacular sunrise. In any case, there were a lot of people out on the beach at 5:45am. There were all sorts of aerobic / conditioning programs going on. In one instance, folks were army crawling through the sand as part of their morning workout. I wandered around for a bit and watched a few red-eye 767s make their overhead approach into the Sydney airport. They were followed by some jumbo jets (a few 747s and a couple A380s) presumably arriving from the east - though they could have been coming from the U.S. as well.
I finally settled in on watching the surf crash over some rocks down by the water's edge. The waves were particularly strong as the tide was coming in this morning. It was great to experience the raw power of the water as it smashed over the rocks. I managed to get several photos. Unfortunately, the clouds were still sticking around, so the view was probably quite what it would be on a clear day. But, it was still a good morning.
Now, I am at a coffee shop catching up on e-mail and blog posts. I meet Dr. Chen at UNSW at 10am this morning, so I have about another hour and a half before I need to make my way over there. I'm looking forward to the seminar and getting to meet all the folks at UNSW!
Now, I am at a coffee shop catching up on e-mail and blog posts. I meet Dr. Chen at UNSW at 10am this morning, so I have about another hour and a half before I need to make my way over there. I'm looking forward to the seminar and getting to meet all the folks at UNSW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment