Toward the end of the day, I met with Dr. Kentish and a few of the students to do a little teaching. I was going through mathematical derivations to describe the experiments that we do in Austin. I also taught them about the mechanism for water diffusion through a non-porous polymer such as those used in reverse-osmosis membranes. This was pretty straightforward and it was nice to have a day where I could focus on other aspects of my work.
Friday, March 5, 2010
Winding Down the Week
Today was a calmer day around the University of Melbourne. It would seem that we are done with the AFM samples. I can see differences in the surface of the material, but interpretation will probably take a little more 'sitting and starring at it' as Dr. Bonnecaze would probably say.
So, I spent most of the day hanging out in my office. I have something like 6 desks to myself in the visiting professor's office suite since no one else is currently using that room. It's pretty nice and I am the only one in the U of Melbourne group (including Dr. Kentish) who has air conditioning in my office - haha.
Toward the end of the day, I met with Dr. Kentish and a few of the students to do a little teaching. I was going through mathematical derivations to describe the experiments that we do in Austin. I also taught them about the mechanism for water diffusion through a non-porous polymer such as those used in reverse-osmosis membranes. This was pretty straightforward and it was nice to have a day where I could focus on other aspects of my work.
Toward the end of the day, I met with Dr. Kentish and a few of the students to do a little teaching. I was going through mathematical derivations to describe the experiments that we do in Austin. I also taught them about the mechanism for water diffusion through a non-porous polymer such as those used in reverse-osmosis membranes. This was pretty straightforward and it was nice to have a day where I could focus on other aspects of my work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment