This morning, I took the train into CSIRO as I have done since Anita left for the U.S. a week or so ago. As much as traveling by train has been relatively easy and stress-free, I look forward to returning to Austin where I am a short 7 minute drive away from my office compared to the hour and a quarter tram/train/bus ride to and from CSIRO.
Still more PALS research remains to be done on several polymer samples from other members of the Freeman group in Austin. This work will fall largely on Cara's shoulders. I have tried to get as much done as I can. I will probably work on the analysis part of the experiments (which can be done from anywhere) in order to continue to push this research forward. I am sure that my fellow group members back in Austin will be excited to get their experimental results!
The weather has finally turned a bit better today (after a large rainstorm this morning). I think it has rained (quite significantly) at some point on each of the previous 4 or 5 days. Certainly this is not the norm for Melbourne - a city that has been in the midst of a serious drought for several years now. I wouldn't mind having some nicer weather before I head home! There are still a few sights that I would like to see in the city and I will just have to see how practical that is given time and the weather constraints.
No comments:
Post a Comment