Monday, March 15, 2010

Checked-In and Ready to Go

I am glad that I chose the airport view room as I enjoyed watching planes take off and land this morning. I went early to check-in and hand my bags off to Qantas. Then, I returned to the hotel to enjoy watching TV / the airplanes for a while longer before heading back to the airport to actually go through security. This is pretty easy considering that the hotel is connected to the airport by foot-bridges.

Unfortunately, American Airlines wouldn't let me have the seat I wanted on my flight from LAX to Austin. So, the Qantas lady (who was actually the same person who checked me in when I went to New Zealand), had to put me in a middle seat for my 3 hour flight from LAX to Austin. I'm not thrilled about that. But that flight is almost literally 24 hours away, so I'm not worrying too much about that. A 3 hour flight should feel short after the flight from Melbourne to LAX.


Well, this has been quite the adventure and I'm sad to leave, but also excited to get back to the U.S. I filled out my departure card and it felt good to write 'USA' in the box where you list your destination country. I think it is just about time to check-out of the hotel and head over to the airport to go home :).

No comments:

Post a Comment