Sunday, January 24, 2010
Pizza at the Civic Center in Hartford, CT...
So, now that the holiday break is more or less over here in Australia, the food service is up and running at the Graduate House (it actually has been since Monday, the 18th). I just returned from Sunday brunch in the cafeteria downstairs. As I was sitting there, I was reminded of Saturday and Sunday brunches at Penn State. The 'roll out of bed and into brunch' game plan still applies (more or less). And, the food is good but not great.
This morning, they were serving pizza in addition to assorted fruits and breads (okay, so Penn State takes the edge on variety and selection). Now, in my mind, the Civic Center in Hartford, CT (pep band trip, 2004 NCAA women's sweet-16 / elite-8, Penn State versus Notre Dame and UConn respectively) still holds the top spot for the absolute worst pizza I have ever eaten. This morning, the Graduate House made a run for the title... In the end, they came up a bit short. The pizza this morning had noticeable non-cardboard flavor. I really shouldn't complain about food that is made by someone else. So I don't intend for this to be a lament; rather, an opportunity to remember a fun trip and a terrible piece of pizza in Connecticut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment