Friday, January 15, 2010

Another great taste of Italy...

I just returned from an excellent dinner on Lygon St. I went to an Italian restaurant and had gnocchi toscana. While I still think that my homemade (family recipe from my grandmother) gnocchi is better, this was pretty good too. The sauce was excellent (and the waitress, from Paris, was pretty cute too)!

I ended up sharing a bottle of wine with Tom and Rowena, a couple from north of Brisbane who have been vacationing in Melbourne. They felt bad that I was sitting alone, so they invited me to their table to help them finish their bottle of cabernet shiraz as they insisted that it was more than they wanted to drink. They were very nice, Tom is a graphic arts professor at a university near Brisbane and they have a daughter who is studying in France this semester. They gave me their contact information and insisted that I phone them if I come up to Brisbane and/or the great barrier reef. It was really nice to have a casual conversation. Tom was originally from Scottland, but moved to Melbourne more than 30 years ago. They were very conversational and we actually ended up talking a good deal about world issues of water and energy (stemming from a discussion of what I do).

Time to read up on where I am going to try to go sightseeing tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment