Thursday, January 14, 2010

Beautiful Evening for a Walk...

After making the trip back home from CSIRO, I went out to get dinner. As I was walking to dinner, I realized that I have been out to eat (either at a restaurant or some other function) every day since I have been in Melbourne and, in that time, I have not frequented the same location twice.

I wasn't about to break the trend and so I decided to try another Lygon St. restaurant. I chose the quail special - mainly since I've never had quail and it sounded interesting. Well, this may have been the last time that I will have quail. The taste wasn't particularly remarkable (it tastes like chicken). The pieces themselves actually look essentially like big chicken wings. However, unlike chicken wings, quails have many more bones and these are exceedingly difficult to separate from the meat. If I had been at home, I would have just eaten with my fingers, but I felt that would be inappropriate in this setting. Anyhow, getting the meat separated from the bones was quite an ordeal and I w
as disappointed in the overall meal. Oh well, you win some and you lose some.

On the way home, I walked through the garden that is just across the street from the Graduate House. It's very peaceful and I have brought a few lunches there to eat since I have been here. I really like all of the parks and scenic areas of the city. I really don't feel so much like I am in an urban area (though it does become much more urban and city-like as you move south into more of the city center). I think I am going to take things easy this evening and either get caught up on some things, or just sit and read. Either way, it will be nice to lay back and relax for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment